If Hamsters ran Amsterdam, you’d be living in a peaceful world of rodents called Hamsterdam. But…now it’s in danger and the evil villain Chinchilla Marlo and his gang are terrorizing the town. You play as the hero, Pimm who needs to save his Grandpa and restore peace by kicking butt throughout the town to take down the Vermin Gang.
The indie team, Muse Games, who brought us CreaVures and the well-received Steam and PS4 title, Guns of Icarus has a new game called Hamsterdam: Paws of Justice. It’s a beautifully presented martial arts button masher where you play the role of an outnumbered rodent. The camera work, animation and Quicktime sequences are presented well with timed attacks and bonus damage for finessed timing that feels like a rhythm game. It’s an action packed title with a reward system, a number of levels to complete and seeds to collect to unlock new abilities.
Hamsterdam has won numerous accolades, including the IMGA SEA 2018: Excellence in Gameplay & Best Technical Achievement Winners and the Barcelona Game World 2018: Best Mobile Game Winner.
- Swing, beat, swipe, and tap your way to epic vermin beat downs
- Unique brew of classic frenetic brawler, rhythm, and quick reactions
- Master the ancient hamster martial art form; Hamster-Fu
- Heart & fist-pounding boss showdowns. The skies rain bombs! Try dodging 1,483 of them
- A chinchilla mob boss plus a gang of trash can wearing, tonic chugging vermin
- Rescue Hamsterdammers and Grandpa, and lead the resistance to save Hamsterdam
- From Couture to Streetwear – offering the finest hamster apparel for on-point beatdowns.
- Ride in style on the Ham-mobile: a two wheeled, chrome plated, pipe-grinding scooter
Genre: Beat ‘em up
Number of Players: Single player
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS, PC
Release Date: August 1st, 2019